For Artists who upload their works in bulk, it is faster and easier to use the Metadata Import feature.
1. Go to Metadata Import page.
Sample metadata file
2. Click Sample to download a sample metadata file.
Sample of .csv file
Import metadata file
3. Drag your metadata file into the Drop file here area.
4. Select the type of metadata you are importing.
If you want to upload your metadata via JPEG files, read:
How to proceed if your vector’s metadata is in a separated .jpg file?
Match your metadata fields
5. Match your metadata columns with the respective Element information (fields). Select the appropriate field names, according to your metadata columns.
- The most important column is Filename. The system will use this to match the metadata with the Elements using their uploaded filenames.
- If you've previously exported a metadata file, you can re-import the updated metadata file and match by Element Code for most accurate matching.
6. Click Next Step to continue.
Import metadata preview
7. At the Preview page, indicate at the dropdown menu whether the imported metadata are for All, Unpublished, or Published elements.
8. If you want the current metadata to overwrite any previously imported metadata, tick Reimport.
9. On the Matches tab, tick the Elements with matching metadata.
- If the Element has existing metadata, the new information will replace the older one.
If you prefer to keep the old metadata, uncheck the element.
- If an Element has multiple versions, the Metadata Import function will apply a single price for all versions. Edit prices for multiple versions at Manage my Elements.
If there are no matches found, click Back to Mapping to verify the filenames in the metadata are identical to the uploaded Elements' filenames.
Import and save
10. Click Save to import the metadata for the selected Elements.
Alternatively, select Import All to automatically import the entire metadata file.