Metadata is data which is attached to each element, describing the element.
It has information such as keywords, price, mediatype, country of origin, etc.
Using our Metadata Import function, you can upload your metadata (in either .xls, .xlsx or .csv format). It is a fast and easy way for Artists who upload their work in bulk.
Before importing your metadata, here are a few pointers on how you should prepare your information:
- Format: Each Element should have a dedicated row of information.
- Filename: Ensure that your Filename is included and matches. Filenames should be unique in order for the system to easily recognise and match to your upload. E.g. singapore/human.mov, malaysia/human.mov vs human.mov, human1.mov
- Title: System will pick up from the filename, if a title is not provided. Artist may edit the title later.
- Categories: There should only be 3 categories which can be selected from our list of master categories. This field should be entered in ENGLISH.
- Pricing: All prices need to be in USD and should be entered in numerical values only. The pricing will update automatically, when viewed in other currencies, based on the currency exchange at that point of time.
- Keywords: Enter as many keywords as you like by separating them with a comma. Example: beach, vacation, activities, excursion
- Country & Place: This is a very important field. Enter the location of where the footage is shot (not where the creator is from).
- Source: Name of camera or software used to shoot/ create clip
- Talent/Property Release: it matches by filename as long as the files have been uploaded to system > must match the filename originally uploaded
- Element Code: A unique Element code is generated for each upload. This Element code is also part of the URL for the Element page. Having the Element code is the best way as it can find it directly.
- External ID: Sometimes you have your own ID, you can also import the ID as well <into External ID>, we can set it to match.